Family Playgroup Volunteer (High School Adoptees)
Our monthly adoptive family playgroups need caring and responsible teen adoptee volunteers! Events are held on Sunday from 10am-1pm in our Manhattan office. We are looking for volunteers who enjoy playing with young children (ages 0-5 years old) and can make a commitment to attend most events throughout a school-year. Email email@example.com to learn more.
The Granny Program is a simple, direct, and cost-effective way to forever change the lives of children in institutions around the world with proven results.
Our Interim Care Providers play an essential role in the work of our agency. No job is more important than caring for and providing a safe, stable, and nurturing environment for a child as his or her biological parents make a plan for the child’s future.
Our programs are funded through donations from our community – your support allows us to serve every member of our community and ensure that we can find adoptive homes for children who need families. Your help enables us to:
- Find homes for medically fragile children in our Special Needs Program
- Improve the wellbeing of waiting children through our Granny Program
- Provide temporary care for children in the adoption process through our Interim Care Providers
- Reduce financial barriers to find homes for waiting children around the world in Colombia, Bulgaria, and South Africa
- Empower families through counseling, mentorship, and education programs at our Modern Family Center
Get Social With Us
Join our online community!
Our Mentorship Program for adopted middle and high school students empowers adoptees through friendship, building self-confidence and challenging them to discover and understand their adoption identities. Volunteer mentors are adopted young professionals living in the NYC metro area. Mentors serve as role models who can share their adoption story and experiences while encouraging mentees to ask questions, feel comfortable with their identities, and develop healthy self-esteem. The Program includes multicultural, educational and social outings, as well as a series of adoption forums.
Share Our Story
We’re passionate about sharing our mission! Invite us to present at PTA meetings, religious groups, or community gatherings.