FREE Options Counseling for Pregnant Women & Biological Parents
If you are unsure about parenting, you have choices in creating the best plan for your baby or child. We are a caring nonprofit offering pregnancy counseling since 1908.
Call 800-321-LOVE (5683) or Text 646-306-2586
Call today to get your questions answered!
- FREE, confidential, and unbiased pregnancy options counseling.
- We will visit you anywhere in the New York City metro area! (Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Bronx, Long Island, the Hudson Valley, Westchester, New Jersey and Connecticut)
- We cover pregnancy related expenses.
- We can connect you to quality prenatal care.
- We can understand you! FREE interpreters and our staff speaks English, Spanish, and Chinese.
This is your decision and we are here to help.
No matter how far along you are in your pregnancy or if you have already given birth, you can call us for FREE confidential counseling about your options. Our experienced Licensed Social Workers can support you through this process and help you make the choice that is right for you and your family. We understand this may be a confusing and difficult time, and by getting help, you are taking responsibility and showing you care deeply about this decision.
If your child has special needs or you believe is at-risk of developing special needs, we have support just for you and your baby.
The options we can discuss are:
- Parenting with Support
- Kinship Care
- Foster Care
"To know that Spence-Chapin is there to help you out when you are very alone and very scared is a huge comfort.”
- Aline, on receiving free options counseling and adoption planning with Spence-Chapin Watch Video
“They were very professional and understanding - they didn’t pressure me at all.”
– Melissa, on working with Spence-Chapin’s social workers
When considering adoption
- We can answer all your questions about birth parent rights, open adoption, choosing and meeting a family and any other questions you may have.
- You will have the support and expertise of an agency with over 100 years proven history of finding loving adoptive parents for children of any background.
- Ongoing post adoption support.
- Your privacy, safety and decisions will always be respected.
- Watch birth parents tell their stories on our Youtube page.
Interim Care For babies
Spence-Chapin’s Interim Care Program allows babies to be cared for in a loving home by a nurturing caregiver straight from the hospital so that biological parents have additional time to plan. Biological parents retain parental rights while their baby is in Interim Care and are FREE to visit their child.
We value the relationships we have with professionals in connecting us to women and couples in need of options counseling and adoption-related services. In 2015-2016 we trained over 400 people on options counseling and distributed thousands of brochures. We hope to visit your organization soon. Read more.
Commitment to serving all people in need including minors, LGBTQ people, immigrants and undocumented immigrants, those with addiction, those with chronic illness and survivors of rape, incest or other crimes. Please call us for confidential assistance.