Home Study Services
A home study document is required for all types of adoptions. Spence-Chapin has the expertise and accreditation to provide home study services for all people pursuing an adoption who are living within the counties listed below.
We provide adoptive families with expertise, professionalism, and the support of an entire adoption team. With over 100 years of experience in adoption, we know how to support adoptive families, birth families, and adoptees!
- Expert Home study Services
- Domestic home studies completed in 4 weeks
- Hague International home studies completed in 3-4 months
- Kinship/relative adoption
- Flexible appointments: weekends, evenings, and early mornings
- Customized parent preparation and training
- Pre-adoption counseling
- All needed documentation and clearances for pre-certification and approval
- Coordination of services with your placement provider (agency or attorney)
- Post-adoption services
Call us at 212-400-8150 to get started!
We provide domestic home studies for agency or independent (attorney) adoptions. We can recommend experienced NYC area adoption attorneys. We provide international home studies for families working with agencies throughout the country and adopting from many countries around the world, including South Korea, China, Ethiopia, India, Haiti, the Philippines, and Taiwan.
Learn about our adoption programs!
Spence-Chapin offers home study services to families living within 100 miles of New York City in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut including the counties listed below. Families living within the listed counties, but outside of 100 miles from NYC may be subject to a travel fee.
New York City
- Richmond/Staten Island
- New Haven